Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Autumn Home - Stampin' Up! Humble Home

 I think my campaign to bring autumn weather to central Virginia by making autumn themed cards is working.  It seems that it might be a bit cooler today if I can believe the forecast!  I created this card as my customer thank you card for orders placed in September.  I mailed out a whole big stack the other day so thank you to all of my fabulous customers who continue to support my small business!  The Humble Home stamp and punch continue to make adorable cards (if I do say so myself!).


  Fall seems to be the time I use Crumb Cake the most and I've used here as it is a nice neutral background.

  A piece of the new 12x12 Two-Toned cardstock in Early Espresso that I used a sanding block on is a nice rustic touch behind the main images.  Linen thread wrapped around the panel adds to the rustic feel as well.

  To make the maple leaf I started with a piece of Basic White and then used blending brushes and Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry and Old Olive ink pads to cover the whole panel.  I used smaller blobs of color so I would be sure to get a little of each color.  I made a lot of this design and used almost a full 8.5x11 piece of cardstock.  Once my whole piece was covered I spritzed it lightly with water for some variation of color then die cut the leaves with the Autumn Leaves die set.  To bring a bit of texture to the cut leaves I crumpled them and then adhered them to the card front.

 The roof the of the house is stamped in Early Espresso and the house is in Crumb Cake and then punched out.  The windows and door are stamped in Early Espresso, colored with blends markers and then fussy cut before being added to the house. A Cajun Craze heart is also punched and added.  The finished house is adhered with dimensionals to the card front.

  I pulled out the Choose Happy stamp set for the sentiment and stamped it in Early Espresso.  Finally a few Faux Glass dots in Cajun Craze (but any from this set of embellishments works on this card design! They are prefect fall colors!) finish this card.

 Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

All of the supplies used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

Stamps: Humble Home, Choose Happy

Ink: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake  Leaf: Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Old Olive

Blends: Cajun Craze light, Crumb Cake light, Pool Party light

Paper: Crumb Cake, 12x12 Early Espresso Two-Toned cardstock (SU scrapbooking line), Basic White, Cajun Craze

Accessories: Humble Home punch, Autumn Leaves dies, linen thread, Faux Glass Dots

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet fall cards! I love the rustic feel you created! Yep, it feels like fall here in PA too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!