Sunday, October 13, 2024

Coffee Season - Stampin' Up! More Than Autumn

   Let's be honest, coffee season is every day for me but I think it tastes even better when the mornings are a little bit chilly.  While I don't go in for the flavored coffees (I'm a brew at home basic Folgers girl because once I add my cream and sugar it's all good!) I am all in on the fall coffee themes!  I used the fun Time Out Challenge inspiration photo to design today's card.


  I started with a simple polka dot pattern in Cajun Craze from the Iconic Celebrations DSP.  If you're looking for a 6x6 pack of paper that has patterns geared toward themes that are at the end of the year going into the new year (fall, winter/Christmas, New Years, Valentine's Day) then this pack of paper is for you.  You'll find it in the Online Exclusives section of the Stampin' Up! online store.

  Then I wanted to add a bit of texture so I adhered a length of retired burlap ribbon.  I think Tear & Tape is the best adhesive to use for this kind of ribbon; it definitely won't pop off!

  I hadn't done the chalkboard technique in a long time and this inspiration photo was definitely calling for it.  I used the retired Stitched Rectangle dies and Pecan Pie cardstock to create a frame and then embossed the sentiment in white onto a piece of Basic Black.  I added the little pumpkin because why not?!  Once the embossing was cooled off I used a piece of damp paper towel to pick up a bit of white craft ink and then lightly brushed it across the Basic Black panel to give a bit of a "chalk dust" look.  The chalkboard is then popped on dimensionals onto the card front.

  I stamped 2 of the coffee cups from the More Than Autumn set in Pecan Pie ink and then colored them in with the light Crumb Cake Blends marker.  The bands were colored in with Cajun Craze and Pumpkin Pie Blends.  I added the little 'coffee' die cuts to the band then popped them on dimensionals.

  A few leaf accents are cut as well as a little pumpkin and those are tucked around the cups along with a single Copper Clay Earth Tone Shimmer Gem.  

  This was such a fun seasonal card to design and I love the fall colors and texture.  Now which coffee lover do I send this one to??

  Thanks for looking.  Did you stamp today?

All of the current supplies used to make this card can be purchased on my ONLINE STORE.

Stamps: More Than Autumn

Ink: Versamark, Pecan Pie, white craft

Blends: Crumb Cake light, Cajun Craze light & dark, Pumpkin Pie light & dark

Paper: Iconic Celebrations DSP (Online Exclusives), Pecan Pie, Basic Black, Basic White, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze

Accessories: white embossing powder, More Than Autumn dies, Earth Tones Shimmer Gems, dimensionals, burlap ribbon (retired), Stitched Rectangle dies (retired)



1 comment:

  1. Coffee, pumpkins, burlap and chalkboards--what could be better?! I am loving this card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!