Monday, October 7, 2024

Pink Pie Please - Stampin' Up! More Than Autumn

  You just never know when you might need a pie forward card right?  Thank goodness Stampin' Up! gives us so many stamp set choices that you can make a card for just about any occasion!  I don't know who I might send this one to but I've got it just in case!  And it also reminds me of that UPS commercial from years ago when the guy says "Brown says 'how about more pie?' Nah, Brown doesn't say that."  This was a fun one to make thanks to the Festive Friday challenge where they are using National Dessert Day for inspiration.  It's October 14th if anyone needs to mark the calendar!


  From the challenge choice board I used pink, brown, ribbon, dessert and food related sentiment.  After deciding I was going to go with a pink pie it made me think if there were any pink pie recipes out there so I hit up google and found a pink lemonade pie recipe that I just had to try out.  It was quite good and will definitely make it again.  My grocery store didn't have pink lemonade so I used regular and added a few drops of food coloring because of course it had to be pink lol!

  I used Early Espresso embossed with the Forever Plaid embossing folder for the card front.  Then a large Stitched Shapes circle that I already had cut gave me a nice "plate" for my pie slices.

  The More Than Autumn stamp set pie image is stamped 3 times in Pecan Pie, colored with Blends and die cut.  I added some dollops of whipped cream that are stamped off Pretty in Pink ink on Basic White.  

  A piece of Pretty in Pink 2024-2026 In Color DSP is flagged and gives a nice area to add a sentiment.

  I mixed and matched the great sentiments from this set to come up with 'this calls for pie & more pie' with some trimming and fussy cutting.  All the sentiments pieces are popped on dimensionals.

  The fork bow is seam binding ribbon and a few In Color Shimmer gems are the final elements for this sweet treat of a card.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

All of the current supplies used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

Stamps: More Than Autumn

Ink: Pecan Pie, Early Espresso

Blends: Pretty in Pink light & dark, Pecan Pie light & dark

Paper: Early Espresso, Basic White, Pretty in Pink, 2024-2026 In Color DSP

Accessories: Forever Plaid embossing folder, Stitched Shapes dies, More Than Autumn dies, dimensionals, In Color Shimmer gems, seam binding ribbon (retired)




2 comments:

  1. Pink chiffon pie... yeah... I could definitely fall in love with that! I love that you went with less conventional colors because that pink and brown are a marriage made in heaven. Fabulous card. So glad you joined us again at Festive Friday
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

  2. Congratulations! Your fabulous creation was selected as a Festive Fave over at the Festive Friday Challenge. Please hop over to the challenge blog to grab your winner’s badge for your blog. Thanks so much for joining us and I hope you will play along again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!