Sunday, October 6, 2024

Evergreen Birthday - Stampin' Up! Peaceful Evergreens

 It's always nice when a seasonal stamp set can also be used for all year round cards so when I wanted to make a masculine card for the Addicted to CAS challenge  I thought the trees in the Peaceful Evergreen stamp set would be perfect even though it's shown as more of a Christmas/winter stamp set.  Not a snowflake or Christmas ornament in sight for this design!

  For those nature loving guys on your birthday card list this is a great classic design.  I started with a Crumb Cake base, then embossed a Crumb Cake panel with the Birch Wood embossing folder for some "woodsy" texture.  

  Since this is a clean and simple card I wanted to add interest to the tree panel without having to add a lot more layers.  I used Very Vanilla and cut it with the Countryside Corners dies for a "more than a rectangle" look.

  I stamped the large evergreen in Mossy Meadow ink and then to make the tree look more full I stamped the next largest evergreen on top.  

  The sentiment from Simply Said is stamped in Versamark on Misty Moonlight cardstock and then embossed in gold.  A bit of Gold Trim is added to the back before the strip is popped on dimensionals.  2 gold sequins finish off the understated details of the card.

  I can already think of a few guys that this card might be going to!  I should have made multiples I guess.

Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

  All of the supplies used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

Stamps: Peaceful Evergreens, Simply Said

Ink: Mossy Meadow, Versamark

Paper: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Misty Moonlight

Accessories: Birch Wood embossing folder, Countryside Corners dies, dimensionals, gold embossing powder, Gold Trim, Neutrals Adhesive-backed Sequins



2 comments:

  1. Such a perfect card for a man, love the neutral colors and the outdoors/nature feel, and so CAS too! Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, I love that you used a pine tree for a masculine birthday card. Perfect for a winter birthday. I also love the die that you used and the white really pops against the kraft. So glad you shared this with us at Festive Friday this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!