Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Triangle Birthday Banner - Stampin' Up! The Right Triangle

   I needed a masculine birthday card for a family member and as I browsed through my card stash I realized that I had no birthday cards for guys!  Yikes!  It's terrible when you "have to" sit down and stamp a card right? LOL!  

  I used the current CAS(e) This Sketch challenge as my starting point. I liked the simplicity of the banner and sentiment across the card front.

 I pulled out some masculine colors and DSP and got to work.  The card base is Smoky Slate then a layer of Whisper White cut with the Stitched Rectangle dies.  I topped that with a piece of In Good Taste DSP.  There's a hint of blue in this design and according to the list of colors it's Night of Navy but that seemed to dark for my design so I used the lighter In Color Misty Moonlight instead.

 I stamped the stripes in The Right Triangle onto a few small scraps of Misty Moonlight with the same color ink and then die cut with the Stitched Triangle dies.  I popped the banners up on dimensionals and then used some retired candy dots in between.  I'm never going to be finished with these dots!

  For the sentiment I cut 3 'happy's' in Smoky Slate using the Well Written dies and adhered them together with the fine tip glue pen. I used the Misty Moonlight marker to color in just the 'birthday' from one of of the Itty Bitty Birthday stamps and stamped that on a piece of Whisper White and then flagged the end.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: The Right Triangle, Itty Bitty Birthdays

Ink: Misty Moonlight

Paper: Smoky Slate, Whisper White, Misty Moonlight, In Good Taste DSP

Accessories: Stitched Triangle dies, Well Written dies, Stitched Rectangle dies, dimensionals, candy dots (retired)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!