Thursday, August 13, 2020

Playful Summer Fun - Stampin' Up! Playful Alphabet Dies

   We are deep in the hot, humid summer and even the afternoon thunderstorms aren't giving any relief.  If anything the storms are making it worse; it looks like it should be cooler because it's overcast but then when you go outside you are slammed in the face with a wall of humidity.  Good old central Virginia!  So all the more reason to stay inside and stamp right?

  I used the fun, bright colors and summer theme from The Card Concept challenge  for a Clean and Simple style and the layout from Freshly Made Sketches for today's card which I flipped to landscape orientation.  

  The card starts with a Whisper White thick base then a layer of Poppy Parade.  Topping that layer is a piece of Whisper White embossed with the Tasteful Textile embossing folder. 

  I thought that Poppy Parade, Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight were good matching colors to the inspiration photo.  I cut little triangles using the Stitched Triangle dies in all four of my colors.  I used a strip of Whisper White about 1/2" wide to attached the triangles to for ease of placement. Once I had them all placed I adhered the strip to the card front and trimmed the overhang.

  To make the 'stay cool' letters I used the Playful Alphabet dies and cut one set in retired black Glimmer paper and the other with the new Foam Adhesive Sheets.  I attached the glimmer paper letters to the foam letters and then arranged them on either side of my triangle strip.

  After I had the letters finished I thought the card still needed something so I looked through my stamp sets to try to find a "summer" image.  I didn't have much that would be right except for this little sun from an older Sale-a-Bration set called Hello.  I stamped it in Daffodil Delight and then fussy cut it and adhered it with a mini dimensional right on the edge of the 'y'.

  Stay cool and stay inside and stamp!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Hello (retired SAB)

Ink: Daffodil Delight

Paper: Whisper White thick, Whisper White, Poppy Parade, Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, black Glimmer paper (retired)

Accessories: Stitched Triangles dies, Playful Alphabet dies, Tasteful Textiles embossing folder, foam adhesive sheets, dimensionals



4 comments:

  1. This card is perfect for the dog days of Summer! I love the fun, bright colors and that little sun makes me happy. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely perfect summer card! I love how you used the warm colors and created a fun stripe across your card front! So happy you played along at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the perfect card for summer! I love those sparkly letters and all those super fun stitched triangles! So cute! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is just so cute! I love the triangles and the fun colors. So glad to see you this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!