Friday, August 7, 2020

Embossed Vellum Birthday - Stampin' Up! Whale Done

  This past Monday I posted another inspiration photo for my local stamping Facebook group to use as a starting point for their own projects.  I chose the card on page 103 of the annual catalog which uses the Dandelion embossing folder to emboss vellum and then some of the image is colored on the reverse side.  It's a cool technique and something I don't usually think about.  I wanted to do that technique for my own card and I also needed a birthday card so I got to work.
 
                                           

   I started with a card base of Pool Party, then embossed a layer of vellum with the Seabed embossing folder.  I flipped it over and colored some of the elements with Blends.  The little star fish which got kind of covered up are colored with the Bumblebee Stampin' Write marker since that color doesn't have a Blends.  I should have adjusted my layout because I ended up covering some coral at the bottom too.  Oh well!  I think it looks pretty neat regardless.

  For the strip of waves I hand cut a bit of one of the patterns in the Whale of a Time DSP and layered it across the vellum.  The whale is stamped in Pretty Peacock and punched with the whale punch.  The spout is punch with silver glimmer paper.  Both the whale and the spout are popped up with dimensionals.  

 The happy birthday from Itty Bitty Birthdays is stamped in Bumblebee ink onto Bumblebee cardstock.  I added a little silver/white bakers twine bow to the side to finish off the focal cluster.

  When attaching the vellum piece to the card front I used a strip of tear tape behind the wave strip and another shorter piece behind the whale.  Then I added a few glue dots behind the colored parts of the embossing and you can't see them at all so that eliminates one of the struggles of using vellum which is how to adhere it without the adhesive being seen.  

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

 Stamps: Whale Done, Itty Bitty Birthdays

Ink:  Pretty Peacock, Bumblebee

Blends: Just Jade dark, Terracotta Tile dark, Pretty Peacock dark

Marker: Bumblebee

Paper: Pool Party, vellum, Whale of a Time DSP, Bumblebee, Whisper White, silver glimmer (retired)

Accessories: Seabed embossing folder, whale punch, dimensionals, white/silver bakers twine (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!