Thursday, August 20, 2020

Best Bass- Stampin' Up! Best Catch

  Today's share is one that I made a while back before the Best Catch stamp set retired.  It was a great set and I got a lot of cards out of it for male family members birthdays and as well as father's day.  

 At the time of the cards making I used a mix of retired items, just about to retire items and brand new demonstrator preorder items.

  The card base is Crumb Cake topped with a piece of the retired Wood Textures DSP.  Next, I added a piece of Pool Party embossed with the new Old World Paper embossing folder.  I lightly sponged some Pool Party ink on the ridges for a bit of definition.

  The burlap ribbon is adhered with tear tape and I added the rest of my elements to it; Catch of the Day dies cut out the cattails and I added darker Early Espresso tops with a marker.  The bass or whatever kind of fish it is is stamped in Early Espresso on Very Vanilla cardstock.  I colored it in with Stampin' Blends and cut it out. I stamped a lure in Crumb Cake ink onto Crumb Cake paper and then topped it with the Well Said sentiment in Early Espresso. It's punched with the Tailored Tag punch. And look, there are those retired candy dots again.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Best Catch (retired), Well Said

Ink: Pool Party, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake

Blends: Petal Pink, Old Olive, Pool Party

Paper: Crumb Cake, Wood Textures DSP (retired), Pool Party, Very Vanilla

Accessories: Old World Paper embossing folder, Tailored Tag punch, dimensionals, Catch of the Day dies (retired), burlap ribbon (retired), candy dots (retired)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!