Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Balmy Snowflake - Stampin' Up! Snowflake Wishes

   I couldn't help myself over the weekend and had to make another card using the Snowflake Wishes bundle.  I started with several different colors but ended up editing the design to stick with blues.  I thought the CAS(e) This Sketch challenge was a perfect one to use with the largest snowflake die from the So Many Snowflakes die set.

                                            

  So the first time I tried to cut the largest snowflake I didn't realize that it didn't cut out the whole outline of the snowflake so when I went to take it off of the cutting plate I ended up with a bunch of little bits of cardstock scattered every where and the snowflake sitting there (not centered at all!) in the middle of the scrap piece of cardstock I had used.  So when you look at the dies on the bottom of page 38 in the Aug.-Dec. mini catalog it's the one that's shown in the square. 

  So while my first snowflake didn't come out well it works perfectly on the 2 corners of this larger panel.  I stamped a few little Balmy Blue snowflakes around the die cuts.

  I then used some Misty Moonlight cardstock to cut a smaller snowflake to put near the top of the card.  Before adhering it I colored it with a clear Wink of Stella marker and added a retired From My Heart faceted gem to the center.

  The sentiment from the set Banner Year is stamped in Misty Moonlight.  Definitely don't overlook this set.  It's got lots of seasonal sentiments and cute smaller images to go with them.  This set is bundled with the Banners Pick a Punch but it can definitely be used without it.

  And the best part of this card is the Balmy Blue Glimmer paper backing the top panel.  It's so sparkly in real life.  I hardly ever let myself use such a large piece of Glimmer paper but it's certainly worth it for this design.

  Thanks for looking! Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Snowflake Wishes, Banner Year

Ink: Balmy Blue, Misty Moonlight

Paper: Whisper White thick, Whisper White, Misty Moonlight, Balmy Blue Glimmer paper

Accessories: So Many Snowflake dies, dimensionals, Wink of Stella, From My Heart faceted gem (retired)

                                                 


1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment!