Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Fall in Hexagons - Stampin' Up! Banner Year

    I love a good multi-season set that has a mix of cute images and fun sentiments.  The Banner Year stamp set in the Aug.-Dec. mini catalog fits the bill!  

  I got some of my fall feels on when I was making this card.  I didn't make it in time to play in the CAS Colours & Sketches challenge before it closed but I used their layout and the hexagons were a cool element to anchor my little images.  

  I learned from Kelly Kent that you can use the Tailored Tag punch to make a hexagon.  How cool is that?  Stampin' Up! showed it here in this video.  I love learning new tips and tricks from other stampers! I think next time I should use a narrower piece of cardstock but the elongated versions here suited my images.

  I started with a Very Vanilla thick card base then topped it with a piece of the Gilded Autumn Specialty paper.  This pattern doesn't have any of the metallic accents but has some nice stripes in fall colors which I used for the rest of my card.

 I trimmed a piece of Mint Macaron down and stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso. Next it's embossed with the Tasteful Textiles embossing folder.  Before popping it up on the cardfront with dimensionals I wrapped a length of retired Crumb Cake twine around the bottom.  

  The hexagons are Very Vanilla and I stamped my images onto them in Early Espresso (how cute is that squirrel?  Doesn't it look like he's got a googly eye?), Crumb Cake and Cajun Craze.  I popped them up with dimensionals to follow the layout.

 Continuing my effort to use up the hundreds of retired candy dots that I still have I added some in Early Espresso to each corner for a finishing touch.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Banner Year

Ink: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze

Paper: Very Vanilla thick, Very vanilla, Mint Macaron, Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP

Accessories: Tasteful Textiles embossing folder, Tailored Tag punch, dimensionals, Crumb Cake twine (retired),  candy dots (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!