Monday, August 17, 2020

Snowflakes in Pastels - Stampin' Up! Snowflake Wishes

   While the weather doesn't suit me for Christmas cards right now I always start making them once the Holiday mini catalog is released so I can be sure to have enough made by the time early December rolls around.  And with all the extra time on my hands this summer and fall I hope to maybe have a surplus of cards!

  My card today was inspired by the Color Throwdown challenge which is to use aqua, peach and kraft which translated into Stampin' Up! colors is Pool Party, Petal Pink and Crumb Cake.

 
 

  I started with a Crumb Cake card base, then a smaller layer of Crumb Cake with the corners rounded.  I stamped snowflakes in white craft ink as well as sponged the edges.

  The sentiment is also stamped and sponged in white craft ink.

  The largest snowflake is 3 layers starting in the back with Pool Party cardstock and the snowflake embossed in shimmer white embossing powder, then a Petal Pink die cut snowflake, and finally the smallest one cut from Shimmery White cardstock.

 Add 2 more smaller snowflakes one each in Pool Party and Petal Pink.  I kept the embellishments to a minimum with just some sequins from my stash and a colored rhinestone for the center of each one.  I colored the rhinestone with my dark Pool Party Stampin' Blends marker for a matching look.

   Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Snowflake Wishes

Ink: white craft ink, Versamark

Paper: Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Petal Pink, Shimmery White

Accessories: So Many Snowflakes dies, shimmer white embossing powder (retired), dimensionals, sequins, rhinestones



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!