Monday, August 31, 2020

Bitty Halloween - Stampin' Up! Banner Year

   I'm sneaking into the Freshly Made Sketches challenge at the last minute here today.  I had a lot of stamping time over the weekend and was able to go back to some challenges posted earlier last week.  I don't send many Halloween cards generally but I usually make a few for challenges during fall and I thought this sketch was perfect for some of the smaller images in the Banner Year stamp set.  It was also a good sketch to use some DSP.  I ordered way too much (not really, there's never too much!) DSP from the Aug.-Dec. mini catalog and since I'm not doing any classes right now I really need to make a BIG effort to use it up so you might be seeing more DSP than you usually would on my cards. 

  I started this card with a Basic Black base, then a smaller layer Basic Black embossed with with the Dainty Diamonds embossing folder.  Next is a piece of Plaid Tidings DSP.  What's great about the Plaid Tiding DSP is that it has colors for fall, winter and Valentine's Day.  Of course these colors and patterns can be used any time of the year but they really lend themselves to the next few months of events and holidays.  I liked this black, orange and yellow combo for a Halloween feel.  I tied a little black baker's twine bow around the panel before popping it up on dimensionals.

  All of the images and the 'boo!' are from the Banner Year stamp set.  The black parts of each circle are embossed with black embossing powder.  The pumpkin is Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive and the spider web is Smoky Slate. They are punched with a circle punch and then popped with dimensionals. 

  All in all a pretty quick design and a fantastic layout to show off some smaller images.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Banner Year

Ink: Versamark, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Smoky Slate

Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Plaid Tidings DSP

Accessories: black embossing powder (retired), black baker's twine (retired), dimensionals, circle punch



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!