Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Tea for Two - Stampin' Up! Balloon Celebrations

  The whole point of participating in challenges is to stretch yourself and your supplies to create something that is outside of your comfort zone.  I saw the Tea Party theme over at The Paper Players and thought for sure that this is one that I would skip since I don't have any tea related stamps.  Then I started looking and digging and reading all of the sentiments I owned and decided that yes I think maybe I could participate in this challenge.




  The only tea stamp I had is in the Balloon Celebrations stamp set so that is what I went with by default.  It's stamped in Soft Suede and then I cut the banner and did some faux stitching.  The card base is the soon to be retired Soft Sky with the front embossed with Quilt Top embossing folder.

  I layered a little bit of Garden Green cardstock behind a strip of Coffee Break DSP.  Then I fussy cut  2 cups from another of the papers.  I popped the cups up on some punched circles and that's it.  

  I think I should go back and add some ribbon or something.  I think I was so intent on making this tea card out of my limited supplies that I missed some embellishment opportunities!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Balloon Celebrations

Ink: Soft Suede

Paper: Soft Sky, Garden Green, Whisper White, Coffee Break DSP

Accessories: Quilt Top embossing folder, circle punches, dimensionals





2 comments:

  1. I think you did an awesome job with "limited" resources! The cups are sweet, as is that background embossing, and your sentiment banner with the faux stitching is perfect! Thanks for playing with our challenge this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and sentiment...love the embossed background. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!