Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Nature Thank You - Stampin' Up! Rooted in Nature

  I'm continuing to enjoy my Stampin' Up! preorder goodies and trying to make a lot of samples to show my stampers at my new catalog party in a few weeks.

  The Rooted in Nature stamp set and coordinating Nature's Roots framelits will be used a lot I can already tell.  It's a big set with lots of different trees and leaves and some of the dies do embossing as well.  So many possibilities!


  I was just playing around with some different elements for this card.  I love the detail of the these leaf stamps.  All the veining and light shading make them very realistic.

  The card base is the new color Gray Granite which I think is kind of a mix of Sahara Sand and Smoky Slate.  It's a great neutral- just think for all those guy cards!

  I stamped the leaves onto Whisper White in Gray Granite ink and then backed the panel with a piece of So Saffron.

  The Rooted in Nature set has has a beautiful wood cut cross section stamp.  Again the details are beautiful!  I stamped that with Gray Granite onto Gray Granite cardstock and then fussy cut it.  I layered the rest of the card elements on top of the wood.  The leaf is embossed and cut in So Saffron cardstock, the small leaf cluster is stamped in Gray Granite and cut out.   A scrap of Whisper White for the long narrow sentiment.  Change out the sentiment and it could be a Father's Day card!

  I found the little scrap of retired Poppy Parade ribbon in my scrap bin from back in the day when Poppy Parade was an In Color.  Never throw away ribbon scraps...you never know when like 7 years later you'll need it! :)

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Rooted in Nature

Ink: Gray Granite

Paper: Gray Granite, So Saffron, Whisper White

Accessories: Nature's Roots Framelits, dimensionals, Poppy Parade ribbon (retired)

1 comment:

  1. So pretty! I love the soft colours you've paired together. The result is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!