Wednesday, May 30, 2018

More Nature Thanks - Stampin' Up! Rooted in Nature

  Since I only got 3 stamp sets from the annual catalog preorder and one of them is a sentiment set you're going to be seeing a lot of the same sets in my cards for the near furture.  But I hope they are different enough to show the versatility of the stamps.

  I needed a thank you card to send to a young man in our church who generously made me a paracord bracelet over the weekend while we were all on a church campout for Memorial Day Weekend.  Well I should be honest;  the guys camped and I just went for the day on Saturday.  Someone had to stay home at night for the dog.  Yeah. That's the reason and I'm sticking to it! :)


  I joked that now I can rescue my husband if he falls off a cliff.  I just have to unravel the bracelet and haul him up with my bare hands!  Anyway the bracelet is super cool and of course I needed to send a thank you!

  I pulled out Rooted in Nature (again) because well camping, trees, leaves, outdoors etc.  And used the Paper Players challenge sketch for my layout.


 The card base is Soft Suede stamped with Soft Suede leaves.  Then I used a panel of the Nature's Poem DSP.  All the designs in this pack are beautiful and I really had to talk myself into cutting a sheet!  But it's worth it!  I stamped off the wood round once and then stamped it and cut out.  I added a few embossed and diecut leaves over a length of retired Tranquil Tide ribbon.  

  The sentiment from Itty Bitty Greetings is stamped in Tranquil Tide and popped up with mini dimensionals.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Rooted in Nature, Itty Bitty Greetings

Ink: Soft Suede, Tranquil Tide

Paper: Soft Suede, Whisper White, Tranquil Tide, Nature's Poem DSP

Accessories: Nature's Roots framelits, dimensionals, Tranquil Tide ribbon (retired)




SaveSave

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I so understand the will power it takes to cut into that delicious paper! Worth it though. I do like the tone-on-ton stamping you've done in the background and the embossed leaf you've used as an embellishment. Fantastic! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving everything I've been seeing with this set...and what a nice way to say thank you!! Perfect for that camping event! Thanks for playing with my sketch at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card..love the natural feel..so pretty!Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!