Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Pop of Poppy - Stampin' Up! Varied Vases

 We've had a busy few days here at our house and I haven't had a moment to share a card since last Friday!  We've had various family visiting since last Friday night until this morning and I had to prepare for my monthly stamp club in the middle of all of it so it's been hard to find a moment of quiet to blog.

  My husband asked me to make a card for a coworker who was celebrating 20 years with his company.  They were going to do a little surprise party to honor her and of course they needed a card for the group to sign.

  I am itching to get all of the new catalog products I've been eyeing since my first peek at the full catalog but for now I need to be content with the few products I got in the preorder.  I think Varied Vases is my favorite so far.  I can't resist a well designed stamp set with a coordinating punch!  I stuck with a black and white card with a pop of color.


  The return of Poppy Parade made me happy as I was lukewarm on it for most of its In Color run back in the day and shortly before it retired for some reason I decided that it was a great color.  Of course by then it was on it's way to retiring so I was a bit sad over it.  Now I can renew my excitement for this bright bold red.  It's a great red to go with a black and white card isn't it?

  Nothing fancy on this one just a few small details like the stitched square, light Pool Party Stampin' Blends for the water in the vase and the 2 blossoms are fussy cut and popped up.  

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

  Stamps: Varied Vases, Itty Bitty Greetings

  Ink: black, Poppy Parade, Versamark

  Blends: Pool Party light

  Paper: Whisper White thick, Whisper White, Basic Black, Petal Passion DSP

  Accessories: Reffled embossing folder, Layering Squares framelits, Stitched Shapes framelits, white embossing powder, rhinestones, adhesive




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!