Monday, May 14, 2018

Christmas in May - Stampin' Up! Lovely As A Tree


  Sometimes you just have to start super early on Christmas cards and I saw a challenge over at Merry Monday last week to help me get a jump start on winter!  The challenge is already closed but that doesn't mean you can't make a card for it anyway.  The challenge was to make a card with stars and I can definitely do that.

  I decided to combine the classic Lovely As A Tree with the new set Rooted in Nature.  They pair beautifully together as they are the same style.  It's wonderful to have another offering in the classic style of Lovely As A Tree (LAAT) but expanded and with coordinating framelits.  I know I will be getting a lot of use out Rooted in Nature.


  The card base is Cherry Cobbler, then a layer of Very Vanilla, then a layer Wood Textures DSP stamped with the smaller pine trees from Rooted in Nature.  I used the returning color Mossy Meadow.  

  The large pine is from LAAT and cut it out with a scalloped oval framelit.  I backed it wiht a slightly larger oval cut from Gold Glimmer paper.  A larger gold star was cut with the Wood Crate framelits. and tops the tree using a dimensional.

  I added a bit of linen thread for a more rustic look and then sprinkled some leftover kit star sequins on the card front.  

  One Christmas card down 75 more to go!  

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Lovely As A Tree, Rooted in Nature

Ink: Mossy Meadow

Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Wood Textures DSP, Gold Glimmer

Accessories: linen thread, Layering Oval framelits, Wood Crate framelits, star sequins, dimensionals


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!