Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Purple Palette Mother's Day - Stampin' Up! Petal Palette

  Now that I have all of my new colors integrated into my storage systems it's been fun playing around with some new and carry over items together on projects.

 I made this card for my mother in law for Mother's Day.  I do the designing and my husband does the message writing so we're both showing our love!  She adores purple and flowers so I always try to incorporate both into the cards I make for her.  Hopefully she isn't sick of it after all these years!  When the Color Revamp was announced I was very pleased to see the 2 new purples (Gorgeous Grape and Highland Heather) as well as the returning Blackberry Bliss.  They will add some freshness to my designs for sure.


  The card design is pretty simple letting the beautiful flowers be the star of the show.  The card base is Whisper White thick with a layer of the beautiful Petal Passion DSP.

  The sentiment is a retired one from the Delightful Dozen set stamped in black and cut out with the Layering Ovals framelits and back with a scalloped oval in black also cut with the Layering Ovals framelits.

  The Petal Palette flower cluster is stamped in black and cut out with the Petals & More thinlets.  It's colored in with ink and blender pens.  I used Highland Heather with a little bit of Gorgeous Grape and Old Olive for the leaves.  The new design of ink pads doesn't easily allow for pressing the inside of the lid into the pad to pick up a little pool of ink to color like with the old design.  To watercolor with the new ink pads just press a clear block to the ink pad and there you have your ink to work with.  Clean the block with Stampin' Mist and your Stampin' Scrub.  Done and done.

  The new Polka Dot tulle ribbon is a perfect little embellishment to add to the card but not take away from the flowers so I added just a simple knot next to the popped up flowers.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Petal Palette, Delightful Dozen (retired)

Ink: Black, Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape, Old Olive

Paper: Whisper White thick, Whisper White, Petal Passion DSP

Accessories: Layering Oval framelits, Petals & More thinlets, Polka Dot tulle ribbon, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!