Friday, May 25, 2018

Pretty in Pink Vases - Stampin' Up! Varied Vases - Fab Friday 138

  It's definitely a Fab Friday since we are back with a brand new Fab Friday challenge for you!  Now I'm generally a "pinks only in small doses" kind of girl but this color combo grew on me the longer I had the colors in front of me.



    I did design my card with a healthy dose of black and white to keep it from getting into the Pepto Bismol realm.  In our first house the previous owners had painted one of the bedrooms exactly Pepto Bismol pink and it was so atrocious that we kept that bedroom door closed for a good 6 months until we got around to painting it.  The pink glow would seep under the door and visitors would ask us what the heck was going on in there!  We found out later that they had let their young daughter pick out the paint color.  We filed that lesson away as a definite heck no for when we had kids!  


 I'm loving the Varied Vases stamp set from the preorder and hope to be able to make a lot of samples for my upcoming new catalog party.  I put all of the vase outlines in a row onto a clear block and stamped them across the background panel.  Then I filled in some of them with our challenge colors.

  The hello panel just has the vase outline with 2 stems and then I stamped the flowers separately, filled them in and then fussy cut.  They are popped up with mini dimensionals and I added a black faceted dot to each flower center.  A bit of the almost retired Powder Pink ribbon accents the sentiment behind the scalloped frame.

  I hope to see your fabulous Pink! creation in our Fab Friday challenge gallery soon!  Check out the rest of the Design Team for more inspiration;  they never disappoint!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Varied Vases

Ink: Melon Mambo, Flirty Flamingo, Powder Pink

Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White

Accessories: Layering Squares framelits, dimensionals, faceted dot, Powder Pink ribbon

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!