Monday, May 7, 2018

Tailored Rainbow Celebration - Stampin' Up! Tailored Tag Punch

  My grand plan for the weekend was to buckle down and make some cards for Mother's Day and maybe get a head start on some designing for my May class.  I made it into the stamp room which was a big step as the weather was so nice this weekend that I kind of wanted to just sit outside with a cold drink and my book.  But I didn't get very much stamping done as my 2018-2019 Annual catalog preorder arrived on Friday afternoon so I had a huge box of new supplies just sitting there staring at me.  What to do? What to do?

  What I did was end up just organizing and not stamping!  Best of intentions huh?  I had to put the stickers on all of my new inkpads, re-arrange my ink pad storage (if you're in the market for a wall mounted ink pad storage check out this post with instructions from my wonderful husband on how to make your own), re-do all of my paper storage and make new labels etc.  By the time I had it all figured out it was time to make dinner!  At least I have all the new colors and color collections set up!

  So I'll just have to share the last card we did at my April class and maybe I'll have time later today for some stamping!


  Since it's graduation season I thought it would be kind of fun to use some products that you wouldn't necessarily think of for that occasion.  We created this fun rainbow background with the Tailored Tag punch and lots of paper!  The supply packets were bulging for this project!  

  You need 2 Tailored Tag punch shapes for each color and you simply layer them starting at the second row.  We adhered all of our shapes onto a layer of Whisper White that was cut slightly smaller than the card front.  After you adhere all of the rows you'll have some overhang which you simply trim with a paper cutter or scissors.

  The Tempting Turquoise and Tangerine Tango rows were stamped first with the confetti stamps from Picture Perfect Birthday.  A graduation is certainly worthy of some celebration confetti.  And I thought the sentiment works for not only a birthday but a graduation as well.

  The clouds are punched out with the Tree Builder punch in Shimmery White cardstock.  We added a bit of sparkle with some rhinestones and a bit of silver ribbon.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Picture Perfect Birthday

Ink: black, Tempting Turquoise, Tangerine Tango

Paper: Perfect Plum, Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise, Lemon Lime Twist, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White, Shimmery White cardstock

Accessories: Tailored Tag punch, Layering Oval framelits, Tree builder punch, rhinestones, silver ribbon, dimensionals


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!