Thursday, May 3, 2018

Springtime Wings - Stampin' Up! Watercolor Wings

  Way back when, I snagged a pre-order slot for a Stamp-a-ratus and then the day finally came when it showed up on my doorstep.  And I ripped open the box and lovingly unpacked it.  And there it sat on my stamping desk for weeks!  I didn't have a lot of time to play around with it when I first got it but I was bound and determined to design a card using it for my April stamp club.  I wanted my stampers to get some hands on time with it to see it in action.

  I think it was a great introduction to the Stamp-a-ratus and they all did great with it.  I'm happy to say that they all learned from me what 'not' to do with the magnets!  Needless to say some replacement magnets will be on my order as soon as the new annual catalog goes live.  I told them that's why I'm the demo and get the stuff first so I can figure it out and save them time and hassle lol! I take my job very seriously!

  The Watercolor Wings stamp set is beautiful but does make for some challenging stamping; especially once the photopolymer gets a bit stained.  It can be hard to see to line up the edges of the different layers when using lighter colors inks.  The Stamp-a-ratus makes it so easy to get each layer just where it needs to be.



  I knew my stampers could handle it so we used 3 different inks to create this beauty.  The first layer which is the most solid one is Pink Pirouette, then So Saffron along the edges and finally Peekaboo Peach for the center and dot details.

  The rest of the card is a snap as well; Pink Pirouette dots along one edge of the card front, a square of the Petal Passion DSP (they got to pick their pattern-- so fun to see the different card looks depending on the design chosen).  A sentiment banner in Peekaboo Peach with some pearl accents and a bit organza ribbon for a tail on the butterfly.

  I acutally saw a butterfly in my yard yesterday so this card is timely!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Watercolor Wings

Ink: Pink Pirouette, So Saffron, Peekaboo Peach, black

Paper: Whisper White thick, Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Petal Passion DSP, Peekaboo Peach

Accessories: pearls, dimensionals, organza ribbon, Bold Butterfly framelits

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!