Thursday, November 2, 2023

Vintage Leaves - Stampin' Up! Autumn Leaves

    I got some great inspiration for my card today from the Inspired By Challenge.  I pulled the colors from the pillows and blanket (or as close I as I had), the pattern on the pillows and roughly the layout.  The whole color palette feels mid-century modern to me.


  I started with a Very Vanilla thick card base, then a layer of Wild Wheat.  I used a retired mask/stencil with a similar pattern to the inspiration photo and used a sponge dauber to ink it up with Versamark and then embossed it with white embossing powder.  I realized half way through inking that I didn't use my embossing buddy so I ended up with some strays so definitely remember to do that if you try something similar. 

  Next I cut 2 labels from the Autumn Leaves dies and popped them on dimensionals.  The leaves were both stamped off once for a lighter look; Pebbled Path and Copper Clay.  Once cut out I placed them on the labels and added a bit of retired braided linen trim that I found in my scrap bin.  

  The clean lined sentiment from Timeless Arrangements is stamped in Pebbled Path and added across the leaves.

  It was fun using elements from the photo to make something a bit different from my usual style.

  All of the current products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Autumn Leaves, Timeless Arrangements

Ink: Versamark, Pebbled Path, Copper Clay

Paper: Very Vanilla, Very Vanilla thick, Wild Wheat

Accessories: Autumn Leaves dies, dimensionals, white embossing powder, stencil/mask (retired), braided linen trim (retired color)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!