Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Foodie Wreath - Stampin' Up! Wishes All Around Dies

   Now let me explain my title before someone leaves a comment saying "foodie wreath" what the heck are you talking about Amanda??  The Stampin' Up! Only challenge has the fun and unique challenge of using at least 2 of the Stampin' Up! colors that are named after food.  They have the whole color list on the challenge site.  And this challenge just happens to match a color combo I saw while out shopping the other day that I wanted to try.


  I used Wild Wheat, Crumb Cake, Lemon Lolly and Cherry Cobbler for my food related colors and I threw in Poppy Parade because it was in the color combo that I saw.  Check out this fun vintage tin that showed these colors!  Isn't it fun??!


  Anyway I was inspired by both the challenge and the tin and I think the resulting card came out pretty well.  It's a bit of a non-traditional color combo for Christmas but I think it works.

  I embossed a piece of Crumb Cake with the Snowflake Sky embossing folder for the base then added a piece of Garden Walk DSP in a Wild Wheat stripe on he bottom.  I covered the seam with a stripe of retired gold specialty paper.  This was the the gold that also came with rose gold and is a nice brushed looked.  It looks nicer in real life; the subtle shine doesn't come through on this photo.

  To make the wreath I just cut one each in Lemon Lolly, Poppy Parade and Cherry Cobbler using he Wishes All Around dies.  I adhered them together then added it to the card front.

 I stamped the sentiment on Very Vanilla in Cherry Cobbler ink then cut it out with the little banner die from the Zany Zoo die set; it was the perfect size for this sentiment and to fit in the wreath.  Before adhering to he card front with dimensionals I added a bit of retired gold edged ribbon behind it.

  The banner is jazzed up with a few mini stars made with a tiny die in the Stars at Night die set.  I used more of the gold specialty paper for them.

 Finally I added 3 faceted gold gems to the side of the wreath for some more holiday shine.

  All of the current supplies used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Brightest Glow

Ink: Cherry Cobbler

Paper: Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Poppy Parade, Wild Wheat, Lemon Lolly, Garden Walk DSP, gold specialty paper (retired)

Accessories: Snowflake Sky embossing folder, Wishes All Around dies, Stars at Night dies, Zany Zoo dies, dimensionals, gold edged ribbon (retired), gold faceted gems (retired)

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty!! Love the color combo you've chosen!! Thanks for sharing with us at SUOC!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is insanely stunning, so inspiring, and I'm definitely CASEing this one! Thank you for the inspiration and playing along with us at SUOChallenges.com. I certainly hope to see you for our future challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!