Monday, November 13, 2023

Cozy Winter - Stampin' Up! Ringed with Nature

   Sometimes I wish I had a stamp room that was big enough to keep all of the retired Stampin' Up! products from over the years.  Every once in a while I could use some of those retired stamps or dies or embossing folders to make the card I have in my mind come to life.  Alas, my room is only about 10x10 and certainly doesn't have enough storage capability to hold 15 years worth of retired items so I have to make do with what is current!  

  I saw the adorable inspiration photo over at the Inspired By challenge and wished that I had some old gnome sets as well as some knitted embossing folders because this photo is just so cozy that I wanted to re-create it.  I decided to try and make a cozy feeling card with things I did have handy.  Everything is current except for the paisley DSP and he ribbon both of which retired several years ago.


  The gray color palette was pretty so I wanted to capture that in my card as well.

  I started with a Basic White thick base, then cut a piece of Basic Gray and topped it with the paisley DSP from the retired Well Suited pack.  A length of Basic Gray shimmer ribbon (which I believe was a SAB reward a number of years ago) goes around the rectangle layer.

  I cut a basic White Deckled Rectangle then added my stamped and fussy cut house and embossed hearts. The house is Basic Gray and Smoky Slate and the hearts are embossed in white on Basic Gray cardstock. All images are popped on dimensionals. Both images are from the Ringed with Nature stamp set.  Hopefully you get that the hearts are little puffs of smoke coming from the cozy little house's chimney!

  The sentiment is stamped in Basic Gray and punched out and is also popped.  The last thing to be added is the fork bow made from the shimmer ribbon.

  All of the current items can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Ringed with Nature

Ink: Basic Gray, Smoky Slate, Versamark

Paper: Basic White thick, Basic White, Basic Gray, Well Suited DSP (retired)

Accessories: Deckled Rectangle dies, dimensionals, circle punch,  white embossing powder, shimmer ribbon (retired)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!