Thursday, November 9, 2023

Santa Was Here - Stampin' Up! Just My Type

   I used the Freshly Made Sketches challenge for my layout today.  They have a great square layout and since I hardly ever make square cards it was a true challenge.   Having even just a tiny bit smaller "canvas" really made me have to work hard to get the elements just right.  Not sure I'm totally pleased with this one; maybe need to try with different colors??  But I like the typewriter and the note from Santa idea.


 I used a piece of Basic White thick for the base and it's cut 4.25" x 4.25".  The Merry Bold & Bright DSP has a great selection of fun patterns so I'll have to give a try with another sheet and see if I like that one better!  I chose for this card what I kind of just thought of as 'the Santa hat' pattern until I saw a stamping friend refer to the trees....and I was like duh!  That's a star on top not a pompom on the hat!  It's all in the eyes of the beholder right??  Anyway....I rounded the 2 corners of this panel and then added a Poppy Parade band across the card front.

  Next, I stamped some Crushed Curry stars from the Merry & Bright stamp set onto a piece of basic White then backed it with a panel of Granny Apple Green foil.  I wrapped a bit of baker's twine around it and tied a bow.  This panel is popped on dimensionals.

  The typewriter from Just My Type stamp set is stamped in Memento black and the sentiment also from the Bright & Merry set is stamped in Poppy Parade.  I fussy cut it out and adhered it with dimensionals to the side to follow the sketch.

  Finally a few iridescent adhesive-backed discs are added to the rectangle panel for a bit of shine.

  All of the current products used to make this card can be ordered in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Just My Type, Merry & Bright

Ink: Poppy Parade, Memento Black

Paper: Basic White thick, Basic White, Poppy Parade, Granny Apple Green foil, Merry Bold & Bright DSP

Accessories: Iridescent adhesive-backed discs, dimensionals, corner rounder punch (retired), baker's twine (retired)



4 comments:

  1. I loved the typewriter and note from Santa, also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this colorful Christmas card! It's nice to know that Santa left me a note! LOL! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card. The bright colors are just so festive and that little note from Santa, the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! I never even noticed that sentiment in this set, but it works perfectly with this cute typewriter! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!