Friday, November 3, 2023

Star Blocks - Stampin' Up! Stars at Night Dies

   Well I guess Christmas is really coming because we turned on our heat yesterday!  You've got to love living in central Virginia where you can wear shorts and a t-shirt one day and less than a week later you've got on wool socks and are looking for mittens to wear when taking the dogs for a walk!  Needless to say my closet is a mess with stacks of winter clothes ready to be swapped into the dresser and some summer clothes that I just maybe will need again so they can't put up on the high shelves just yet!  

  Anyway the Christmas cards will be coming in a steady stream now that the weather seems a bit more conducive to it!  I used the sketch at Just Add Ink and paired with with the Stars at Night hybrid embossing folder/dies.


  And I don't know what is going on with my photography skills lately!  Through the view find and the small camera screen everything looks great but once I upload them to my computer they are all tilted!  It's bothering me and sometimes I do go back and re-take them but sometimes I just need to move on lol!  I promise the actual card is put together straight; it's just the photo!

  I started with a Very Vanilla thick base, then a layer of Mossy Meadow and then a layer of of the Shining Brightly DSP.  I cut out 2 squares with the Stylish Shapes dies; one in Mossy Meadow and one in Cherry Cobbler.  

  There is a cool star burst cut out die that I used on he Cherry Cobbler square for a fun detail.  Next I used gold foil and the hybrid embossing folder and dies to cut out 2 large stars.    The embossed detail is so cool and really adds a lot of texture to the card.  I popped them up with dimensionals over the squares.

  The last thing I did was use the small, narrow sentiment from Bright Glow stamp set and stamped it in Mossy Meadow and then flagged the ends and adhered it across the bigger star.

   I love the classic red/green/gold combo on this card and stars are always a perfect choice for a Christmas card!

  All of the supplies used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.  I'd love to be your Stampin' Up! demonstrator and help you create!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Brightest Glow

Ink: Mossy Meadow

Paper: Very Vanilla thick, Very Vanilla, Shining Brightly DSP, Cherry Cobbler, Mossy Meadow, gold foil

Accessories: Stars at Night hybrid embossing folder/dies, Stylish Shapes dies, dimensionals



3 comments:

  1. A lovely selection of Stars and traditional colours. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so elegant Amanda! I love how you've layered all the elements and the stars are quite spectacular. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely festive take on the sketch! Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!