Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Wild Floral - Stampin' Up! Textured Floral

   This card was a bit of one those that it ends up wildly different than what was intended at the start.  I had quite the stack of supplies piled up to finally get to this pretty floral thank you card.  In the end I'm pleased with how it came out and love the colors.  The layout is from The Paper Players and is a great way to show off some DSP!


  I started with a Crumb Cake base and then used another piece of Crumb Cake embossed with the new Dashing Designs embossing folder.  Next to follow the sketch I added 2 long panels of Wildly Flowering DSP.

  Instead of using another piece of DSP or cardstock for the element across the middle I used a piece of wide ribbon that I cut just slightly wider than the card front so it overhangs a bit.

  When I first saw the Wildly Flowering Suite the large flowers in the DSP really reminded me of of the Textured Floral stamp set so I thought they would pair up nicely and I think I was right.  I used watercolor paper that was lightly moistened with a water painter and then stamped the images. The larger flower is Moody Mauve and the smaller flower is Boho Blue.  Both centers are Early Espresso ink. The stamped leaf is in Mossy Meadow and the die cut leaves are Early Espresso.  Everything is layered with the larger flower and leaves popped on dimensionals.

  The sentiment is a simple thanks stamped in Early Espresso on Very Vanilla and popped up. Two Boho Blue retired In Color Dots add a little bit of shine as the final touch.

  All of the current products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Textured Floral, Simply Said

Ink: Moody Mauve, Boho Blue, Mossy Meadow, Early Espresso

Paper: Crumb Cake, Wildly Flowering DSP, watercolor paper, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla

Accessories: Dashing Designs embossing folder, Textured Floral dies, dimensionals, ribbon (retired), 2023-2025 In Color Dots (retired)




1 comment:

  1. Amanda, this is gorgeous! I love the embossed background! The floral panels are so pretty, too! The ribbon for your horizontal panel is so creative. You certainly made my sketch shine! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!