Friday, May 24, 2024

Gold Flowering Birthday - Stampin' Up! Wildflower Designs

   I wanted to get the Wildly Flowering Suite as soon as I saw the 2024-2025 Annual catalog and was sad that it wasn't on the demonstrator pre-order but as soon as I was able to place another order on it went!  It finally came last week and I just had time yesterday to break it out and have a little stamping time.  I used the Seize the Birthday challenge for my starting point on this card.  They want us to use Metallics to make a birthday card.


  This one starts with a Moody Mauve card base and then a layer of Very Vanilla card stock embossed with the Dashing Design DSP (one of the items in the suite collection).  I used one of the frame dies to cut out one in Very Vanilla and one from the new Naturally Gilded Specialty DSP and then used the outside frame in Very Vanilla and then inside panel of the DSP and put them together on the card front.  The frame part is popped on mini dimensionals.

  Since I had chosen the gold specialty paper I pulled in some more gold by stamping the flower top (I think it's an allium but you gardeners out there can school me if it's not!) 3 times in Versamark on Moody Mauve cardstock and then embossing them in gold.  I think there might be something wrong with my gold embossing powder as it's not very raised or shiny like it should be.  I might have to get a new jar of it once it's available again.  After they were die cut I layered them along one edge of the label.

  Finally I stamped the birthday sentiment from the Simply Said stamp set on a piece of Very Vanilla and flagged the ends before popping it on dimensionals.  And I had just one Moody Mauve dot left from the retired 2023-2025 In Color dots so I added to the sentiment.  Feels good to use up at least part of a sheet of embellishments!

  All of the current products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Wildflower Designs, Simply Said

Ink: Moody Mauve, Versamark

Paper: Moody Mauve, Very Vanilla, Naturally Gilded Specialty DSP

Accessories: Dashing Designs embossing folder, Wildflower Designs dies, dimensionals, gold embossing powder, 2023-2025 In Color dots (retired)



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card with the gold metallics and all of your dimension. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!