Wednesday, May 22, 2024

In Color Mouse - Stampin' Up! Hearts & Hugs

   It's funny how designing works sometimes!  I designed this card about 3 weeks ago for my new catalog open house party and right after I designed it I began to see a bunch of very similar cards out there.  All of us demonstrators wanted to make cards using the new set of In Colors and came up with comparable designs.  In my case I wanted to try to use as many new products as I could for my make and takes as well as the colors.  My customers always tell me they appreciate getting to see and use so many new products at my classes as it helps them make informed decisions when placing their orders.  And it also introduces them to products that they might not have noticed or liked on viewing the catalog.


  Whether you want to use the new In Colors or have a different group of 5 colors to use this layout is a fun way to get them all on one card!  We started with a Basic White thick card base then adhered 1" x 3 3/4" strips of the 2024-2026 In Colors to a piece of 5" x 3 3/4" Basic White cardstock.  Using the panel of Basic White helps keep your strips straight and allows you to emboss it all in one go through.  If your strips are a little off in the measurements it also makes it easy to just trim up the edges with your paper trimmer.

  We used the new Dotted Circles embossing folder for this design and the the deep impression really shows up well on these bright colors.

  The adorable mouse from the new Hearts & Hugs stamp set is stamped in Memento Black and colored in with Blends before being punched out.  He's popped on dimensionals over the flagged sentiment strip.

  Some new 2024-2026 In Color resin dots are added to the edge of the circle.  My stampers could choose whichever color they liked.

  All of the products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Hearts & Hugs

Ink: Memento Black

Blends: Crumb Cake light & dark, Petunia Pop light & dark

Paper: Basic White thick, Basic White, Petunia Pop, Summer Splash, Shy Shamrock, Peach Pie, Pretty in Pink

Accessories: Dotted Circles embossing folder, circle punch, dimensionals, 2024-2026 In Color resin dots

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!