Monday, May 27, 2024

Pretty Roses - Stampin' Up! Layers of Beauty

   I've only made a few cards so far with the new Layers of Beauty bundle but I've found the masks/stencils really easy to use and have been very pleased so far with the results.  I used 2 challenges for this card.  The Just Us Girls challenge wants us to use stencils; easy enough with the Layers of Beauty bundle and the TGIF Challenge wants us to create a card for a friend.  I always think a nice hello card to send just because is a great way to tell your friends they are important to you.  I also used their graphic as a little of inspiration for my layout.


  I thought some classic pink roses would be a pretty start for this card so I pulled out the new In Colors Pretty in Pink and Shy Shamrock.  I started with stamping the large rose stamp on opposite corners of a Basic White thick card base in Memento Black.  Next, I used the stencils/masks and blended the 2 colors of ink in the designated spots.

  Once the flowers were colored in I took a panel of Basic white and die cut a large circle in the center and then I used the Eyelet embossing folder to give it some pretty texture.  I adhered the embossed panel over the card front then got to work on the other details.

  I used the Unbounded Love dies to die cut a little scalloped label in Pretty in Pink and stamped 'hello' from Simply Said on it in the same color ink.  I popped it up on dimensionals over some Shy Shamrock die cut leaves and a length of Shy Shamrock stitched ribbon that's hard to see but there.

  On the opposite side of the opening I added some more leaves and a little flower image that I colored in with blends markers.

  The final detail is a Pretty in Pink 2024-2026 In Color shimmer gem on the label.  

  All of the current supplies used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Layers of Beauty, Simply Said

Ink: Memento Black, Pretty in Pink, Shy Shamrock

Blends: Shy Shamrock light & dark, Pretty in Pink light & dark, Lemon Lolly light

Paper: Basic White thick, Basic White, Pretty in Pink, Shy Shamrock

Accessories: Layers of Beauty dies & masks, Circle die, Eyelet embossing folder, dimensionals, Unbounded Love dies, Shy Shamrock stitched ribbon, 2024-2026 In Color Shimmer gems




4 comments:

  1. I like your stecniling and your embossing, Amanda! This is s pretty card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card - nice layout too. Thanks for joining in at JUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda... just beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda... just beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!