Friday, April 12, 2024

Petunia Hug - Stampin' Up! Hearts & Hugs

   Sometimes card designs come about from a burst of inspiration and other times just because you want to use up some pieces from your orphaned card parts bin.  My card to day is definitely the second  type of card.  When I was making yesterday's card I ended up with a lot of parts that just didn't work for that design but that I didn't want to just throw away.  I had a few of the die cut flowers from the Hearts & Hugs bundle that I though deserved a proper home on a card front.


  The flowers were cut from the 2024-2026 In Color DSP in Petunia Pop and I thought they would pair nicely with another In Color Shy Shamrock.  Look at how cute this simple design came out!

  I started with a Basic White card base, then stamped the little hearts all over a panel of Shy Shamrock in the same color ink.  I eyeballed where I wanted the sentiment and then embossed it with white embossing power.  Next, I wrapped a bit of baker's twine around the middle and tied it off before adhering the whole panel to the card base.

  The flower stem trio are die cut out of Shy Shamrock and added it to a Stitched Shape square die cut.  Next were the the flowers that started this whole card accented in the centers with In Color Shimmer Gems. 

  I love how this one turned out and it's such a great layout to show off the smaller die cut flowers/stems in the Hearts & Hugs die set.  Remember you don't always have to design a card around the bigger images in a set, look at how some of the smaller images or dies can be used as a focal point.

Current items used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.  Items marked with * will be available starting May 1, 2024 with the release of the 2024-2025 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog. If you'd like the opportunity to order these items early you can join my Stampin' Up! team and get preorder benefits!
 
  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Hearts & Hugs*

Ink: Shy Shamrock*, Versamark

Paper: Basic White thick, Shy Shamrock*, 2024-2026 In Color DSP*, Basic White

Accessories: white bakers twine, dimensionals, Stylish Shapes dies, Hearts & Hugs dies*, In Color Shimmer Gems*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!