Thursday, April 11, 2024

Hamster Hug - Stampin' Up! Hearts & Hugs

   I'm finally getting around to playing with some of my new supplies from my preorder.  One thing after another kept popping up that kept me from stamping.  The current Freshly Made Sketches layout looked like a good one to start with today so I got to work with the upcoming Hearts & Hugs bundle and one of the new In Colors; Petunia Pop.


  The weather here is gray and dreary so I apologize for the photo!  The Hearts & Hugs bundle was one that we got a preview of at the OnStage event last month.  I love the cute animal sets so of course it made it's way into my preorder!

  To stick with the 'fresh' challenge mandate I kept this one very simple.  The base is Basic White thick, then a layer of Basic White embossed with the new Eyelet embossing folder.

  I stamped the hamster (though some might say it's a gerbil if we can't see the tail!) in Pecan Pie and then colored it in with a combo of Blends markers and then die cut it.  It is adhered onto a Stylish Shape circle die cut.  

  I used some of the fabulous new In Color Glimmer paper in Petunia Pop to cut out the arch of hearts and adhered them around the hamster.  The circle is then popped on the card front with dimensionals.  The sentiment strip is added to the side.

  The part of the sketch that gave me fits were the 2 leaf details to the side of the circle.  I knew I didn't have to use leaves exactly but I just could not make anything work.  And when I mean anything I had all sorts of punches and die cuts in different shapes scattered around so I finally decided on a single Petunia Pop bordered ribbon knot on that side.  I know it's not exactly the sketch but it's as close as I could get it while still liking the result!  I hope you can see the sketch in my design regardless.

  Current items used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.  Items marked with * will be available starting May 1, 2024 with the release of the 2024-2025 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog. If you'd like the opportunity to order these items early you can join my Stampin' Up! and get preorder benefits!

Thanks for looking! Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Hearts & Hugs*

Ink: Pecan Pie, Petunia Pop*

Blends: Pecan Pie light, Medium Deep Natural Tones, Petal Pink dark

Paper: Basic White thick, Basic White, 2024-2026 In Color Glimmer paper*

Accessories: Eyelet embossing folder*, Stylish Shapes dies, Hearts & Hugs dies*, dimensionals, Petunia Pop bordered ribbon*




  

3 comments:

  1. Just as cute as can be! Love this fun fellow and the pops of pink are wonderful. So glad to see you this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! I just love that little hamster (looks hamster-like to me!) and love that beautiful background embossing! So pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is this guy! Adorable card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!