Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Lavender Thank You - Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender

   I'm looking forward to the Heartfelt Hexagon punch being back in stock in the next 2 weeks so I've been trying to use it a little more in anticipation.  I thought it would make a nice shape for a bit of background interest so I paired it up with the Perennial Lavender DSP which is carrying over to the next catalog!  My inspiration for this card comes from the Just Add Ink challenge.  They have a great inspiration photo and I pulled the purple tones, the green and the purple flowers from the photo for my card.


    The base is Highland Heather and then I used one of the upcoming new embossing folders called Dotted Circles to emboss a piece of Basic White for the background.  The bumps kind of reminds me of the blackberries from the inspiration photo as well.

  Next I used the Heartfelt Hexagon punch and the DSP to cut 3 shapes and then added them to the card front.

  The flowers are inked up with Highland Heather and then a sponge dauber was used to add a bit of Gorgeous Grape ink randomly for some color variation. The stems are stamped in Lost Lagoon.  Both pieces are die cut and I added a fee extra Gorgeous Grape sprigs behind the flowers before popping it all up on dimensionals.

  The little thank you sentiment is a partial sentiment from the soon to be retired Perennial Postage stamp set.

  I'm trying to be better about using retired embellishments and ribbons so I pulled out some white seam binding ribbon to add to the stems and then a few retired Gorgeous Grape faceted gems to add a tiny bit of shine.

  All of the current items used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.  Items marked with a * will be available starting May 1.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Painted Lavender, Perennial Postage (retiring 4/30/24)

Ink: Gorgeous Grape, Highland Heather, Lost Lagoon

Paper: Highland Heather, Basic White, Perennial Lavender DSP, Gorgeous Grape

Accessories: Painted Lavender dies, dimensionals, Dotted Circles embossing folder*, seam binding ribbon (retired), faceted gems (retired)



1 comment:

  1. A sweet card - lots of lovely new products - great to see that embossing folder and punch. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!