Sunday, April 21, 2024

Pastel Blooms - Stampin' Up! Country Birdhouse Dies

 My card today is one that is totally inspired by a challenge and quite literally followed the colors and the exact suggested layout.  I love the inspiration photo from the Inspired By challenge.  Beautifully decorated cake pops, check out the photos at the end of this post!  The layout is a great one for using up some tiny scraps as well!


  I loved the soft pastels in the inspiration photo and they so reminded me of the Lighter Than Air DSP which is soon retiring so if you love these spring-y colors don't wait to order the paper.  I pulled my color palette directly from the DSP colors (listed below).

  A Crumb Cake card base is a nice neutral background for a card with this many colors on it.  When I pulled out my dies to begin cutting the circles I mistakenly grabbed the retired Stitched Shapes dies instead of the current Stylish Shapes dies and I think the latter would have been the better choice as I think the size of circle is just a tad smaller and would have kept it from looking so crowded.  But I didn't notice until I was adhering them and I wasn't going to go back and re-do them.  12 circles barely fit but I squashed them on with dimensionals as adhesive.

  The flowers are cut from all the card stock colors using one of the flower accents dies from the new Country Birdhouse die set.  I love the simple look of the unembellished flowers

  Finally I stamped the sentiment from the new Simply Said stamp set and cut the banner with the new Hearts & Hugs die set and added it to the center of the card.

  This design is by no means a hard card to make just a bit tedious with the die cutting and lining up...BUT it was nice to pull out some of my smallest scraps and get them used up.

Current items used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.  Items marked with * will be available starting May 1, 2024 with the release of the 2024-2025 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog. If you'd like the opportunity to order these items early you can join my Stampin' Up! team and get preorder benefits! 

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Simply Said*

Ink: Memento Black

Paper: Crumb Cake, Basic White, Lemon Lolly, Balmy Blue, Petal Pink, Fresh Freesia, Flirty Flamingo, Pool Party, Bubble Bath

Accessories: Stitched Shapes dies (retired, Stylish Shapes dies are a great alternative!), Country Birdhouse dies*, Heats & Hugs dies*




1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely adorable and perfect for Laurel's challenge! I predict a winner! Those little flowers are the sweetest in all those pastel colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!