Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Tulip Fields Birthday - Stampin' Up! Tulip Fields

   The CAS Colours & Sketches team is back with a fun new challenge today!  I'm guest designing with them all month and this week the challenge is a great sketch!  A little bit of a split or wave element down the center and then a non-geometric shape towards the bottom.  


  This is definitely one of those challenges that I had a lot of ideas for but it took a while to get to one where I was happy with the finished product after a few trials.

  I took the split down the center of the sketch literally and used the Basic Borders cloud die to cut a piece of Basic White into two pieces.  I adhered a piece of colorful Flowering Fields DSP in the center of the card base and then popped the cloud panels up with dimensionals.

  For my non-geometric shape I thought the windmill would be perfect to go with the tulip DSP.  I stamped it in Soft Suede, highlighted a bit of it with a blender pen and Crumb Cake ink and then cut it out.  I popped it up on a small piece of retired shimmer ribbon in Pear Pizzazz.  It looked like it was just floating out in the clouds with out some sort of base!  

  I dug through my stamps to find a smaller birthday greeting to fit with the scale of the windmill and found it in Penguin Place.  I stamped it in Calypso Coral to the side of the windmill.

  And finally to balance the heavier elements at the bottom of the card I cut a few clouds and added them above the windmill.  I also colored them with a bit of clear Wink of Stella which doesn't show up in the photo.

  Head over to CAS Colours & Sketches and see the fabulous samples from the Design Team and then play along!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Tulip Fields, Penguin Place

Ink: Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Calypso Coral

Paper: Basic White thick, Basic White, Flowering Fields DSP

Accessories: Basic Borders dies, Windmill Fields dies, dimensionals, Wink of Stella, Shimmer Ribbon (retired)



3 comments:

  1. Love your windmill and the patterned paper. So glad you could join us as a guest designer this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Amanda! We were clearly on the same wavelength with the windmill, but otherwise two very different cards! I love the use of the cloud borders with those bright tulips down the centre. Such a great way to use DSP on a fabulously clean and simple card. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!