Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Birthday Blessings - Stampin' Up! Blessings of Home

    The Concept Art team at Stampin' Up! has been issuing a set of colors each week to inspire us in our own stamping.  I've not had a chance before now to play with the fun color combos they've given out but I had a bit of time to stamp yesterday so I set to 'work'.  

  The colors this time are Pumpkin Pie, Pale Papaya, Old Olive, Balmy Blue and Misty Moonlight.  I decided these colors would work well for a floral card so I pulled out the Blessings of Home set and did some coloring with my Blends for this birthday card.  Not terribly innovative but a good floral card is always welcome in my card stash!

  I enjoyed taking some time to slow down and color after getting things organized for my classes today.  It's always nice to top off a busy work day with some stamping.  

  This card starts with a Misty Moonlight base and then a layer of Basic White embossed with the Bark embossing folder.  A piece of Frayed Grosgrain ribbon is adhered across the front of the card for even more texture.

I stamped the image in Basic Gray for a softer look to the flowers than black would have given me and the using blends I just colored in with basic shading.  The flower is cut out with the Stitched So Sweetly dies for a soft scalloped edge.  I added some greenery and flower die cuts to the edges and then attached it to the card front with dimensionals. 

  Finally, I added an embossed sentiment strip popped with dimensionals.

  To see the colors each week that the Concept Art team puts out you can follow Stampin' Up! on Instagram and/or follow the hashtag #conceptartcreativechallenge  You can also find me on Instagram @didyoustamptoday

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Blessings of Home

Ink: Basic Gray, Versamark

Blends: Pumpkin Pie light & dark, Pale Papaya light & dark, Old Olive light & dark, Balmy Blue light & dark

Paper: Misty Moonlight, Basic White, Old Olive, Pale Papaya, Balmy Blue

Accessories: Bark embossing folder, Stitched So Sweetly dies, white embossing powder, Flowers of Home dies, Frayed Grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!