Thursday, September 10, 2020

Sweet Squirrel - Stampin' Up! Banner Year

   For the first time in a long time I had to be some place at a certain time this morning and let me tell you it took more mental capacity than I thought it would to get ready and out the door on time.  So the morning routine got moved to the afternoon including posting my daily card.

  I'm still having a ton of fun with the Banner Year set and this time I paired it with the Festive Friday challenge which is "First Day of Fall" and I chose leaves, acorns, squirrels, plaid and stitching from their inspiration list.


  I started this card with the Whisper White thick card base and worked my way up with a layer of Pretty Peacock topped with more Whisper White cut with a Stitched Rectangle die and then embossed with Pinewood Planks embossing folder.

  Next up I used a strip of Plaid Tiding DSP and used that as inspiration for the rest of my colors.  The leaves are stamped in Bumblebee and Cajun Craze, the squirrel is Cinnamon Cider and the acorns are Soft Suede and the tops are colored with Crumb Cake Blends.  Once I fussy cut all the images out I popped them up on dimensionals onto Pretty Peacock stitched squares.  I added a teeny tiny linen thread bow to one acorn as well as gave the squirrel a little face.

  The sentiment is stamped in Early Espresso on Cajun Craze cardstock by using a marker to ink up just one word at a time so I could have them spaced enough to cut them into pieces for the stacked sentiment instead of one longer sentiment.  Those are also popped with dimensionals.  The final detail is the Bumblebee enamel dots that I placed around the sentiment.

  Thanks for looking! Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Banner Year

Ink: Bumblebee, Cajun Craze, Cinnamon Cider, Soft Suede

Markers: Crumb Cake Blends, Early Espresso Stampin' Write

Paper: Whisper White thick, Whisper White, Pretty Peacock, Cajun Craze

Accessories: Stitched Rectangle dies, Stitched Shapes dies, Pinewood Planks embossing folder, dimensionals, linen thread, enamel dots



1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment!