Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Big Deal Whale - Stampin' Up! Whale Done

   I'm a bit late getting my card shared today.  I've found myself dealing with a lot more emails and prep for my kids going back to school next week so I've been spending a lot more time on the computer trying to figure out the virtual learning stuff and new schedules and filling out forms and all that kind of stuff.  It's definitely a whole new world for "back to school"!

  My card today is one I made for the Just Add Ink challenge which is to make a guy card.  What a good challenge as I sometimes struggle to get a masculine design that I'm happy with. 

  I went with the Whale Done stamp set and Whale of a Time DSP for my design. 

 
 

  I had a few partial sheets that I cut down to be able to use to make a blocked background.  I embossed a Pool Party circle with the Seabed embossing folder and built my card parts up from there.  The whale is stamped in Blackberry Bliss and punched out and popped on dimensionals.

  The sentiment is stamped in Pacific Point and punched out and popped also.  I stamped 2 seahorses in Pretty Peacock and one in Just Jade.  After fussy cutting them they are popped on dimensionals around the whale.

  And since it's a guy card I kept the embellishments to a minimum and just used 3 In Color enamel dots in Just Jade.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Whale Done

Ink: Blackberry Bliss, Pacific Point, Just Jade, Pretty Peacock

Paper: Whale of a Time DSP, Pool Party, Whisper White

Accessories: circle punches, Seabed embossing folder, In Color enamel dots, dimensionals


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!