Monday, September 28, 2020

Natural Birthday - Stampin' Up! Rooted in Nature

   I hope everyone had a fun weekend!  We didn't do very much so I can't decide if I feel relaxed going into the new week or disappointed in myself that I didn't get more accomplished.  It's a dilemma!

  I had some time to make a few cards for a special card order which included a request some masculine birthday cards.  Always a bit tough but I used the CAS(e) This Sketch challenge for the layout and pulled together a nature-y card.


 The card base is Soft Sea Foam with a piece of retired Wood Textures DSP.  I embossed a piece of Soft Sea Foam with one of the Greenery embossing folders then cut it in half to follow the sketch.

  For the wood cut I inked the stamp from Rooted in Nature in Crumb Cake then used a sponge dauber to add the darker Early Espresso ink around the bark edge.  After fussy cutting it I popped it with dimensionals and then added the rest of the details.

  The leaf is stamped in Garden Green onto Garden Green cardstock then die cut.  It's adhered to the wood cut.  The sentiment from Itty Bitty Birthdays is stamped in Early Espresso on Whisper White and adhered.

  I layered a piece of linen thread and Garden Green twine and made a bow for the edge of the sentiment layer.  I was able to use up a few more retired candy dots as accents.

  Even though this card has a few layers and accents I still thought it look crisp and clean to go with the sketch.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Rooted in Nature, Itty Bitty Birthdays

Ink: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Garden Green

Paper: Soft Sea Foam, Whisper White, Garden Green, Wood Textures DSP (retired)

Accessories: Natures Roots dies, Greenery embossing folder, dimensionals, linen thread, Garden Green bakers twine (retired), candy dots (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!