Monday, November 14, 2016

Shimmery Trees - Stampin' Up! Totally Trees

  It was a cool 32 degrees this morning when I woke up and there was a decent layer of frost so I don't think it would be out of line to share a Christmas card this morning.  I actually wore my mittens on my walk this morning.  The boys and I looked quite the scene walking to school....me with my mittens and neck gaiter on and them wearing shorts.  I was able to talk them into a sweatshirt at least by mentioning I didn't think the teachers would let them go out to recess if they didn't have some of their body covered!  One of these days I'm expecting a call from Child Protective Services and the school counselor to check up on us!  I figure at some point you've got to let the kids figure it out for themselves and it's probably better for them to do it when they are 8 and 10 than when they are 18 and 20!

 


 So like my balloon card last week the sparkle on this card was hard to photograph!   Each of the tress is covered with Iridescent Ice.  Iridescent Ice is retired but any shimmery embossing powder would work.  But if you're like me you have a jar in your stash just begging to be used!  

  I'm not much of a pastel-y pink kind of girl but I like the soft non-traditional colors for this Christmas card.  I can't remember if this was for a challenge or not but it's fun to go a little different than the red/green Christmas combo sometimes.

The card base is Sweet Sugar Plum and then a strip of Perfect Plum and the trees are stamped on Whisper White.  The trees are inked in Sweet Sugarplum, Perfect Plum and Pink Pirouette.

  The sentiment is stamped in Perfect Plum ink and I added some of the Fancy Frost sequins across the card for even more sparkle.

  A change in sentiment would make this a great Happy New Years card.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Totally Trees, Christmas Pines

Ink: Sweet Sugarplum, Perfect Plum, Pink Pirouette, Versamark

Paper: Sweet Sugarplum, Perfect Plum, Whisper White

Accessories: Fancy Frost Sequins, Iridescent Ice (retired)



1 comment:

  1. Sweet card! I will try this method on the trees. I know I have some sparkle powder somewhere.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!