Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Rose Garden Thinking of You - Stampin' Up! Rose Garden Thinlets

I was fully intending to share this card yesterday but I had 2 wisdom teeth taken out first thing in the morning and while I didn't have any pain the icing schedule didn't leave much time to do anything but watch Netflix!  That and the fact that my fingers were frozen from holding the ice packs to my face!  I ended up putting my mittens on every time I needed to ice!  I didn't have any swelling so I guess my diligence paid off!

I made this card on Sunday and Monday.  Yes it took 2 days for this one!  I started it on Sunday and then had to finish on Monday.  Some days I just don't have enough time to stamp as much as I'd like and have to grab a few minutes here and there!  I used the current CAS(e) This Sketch challenge as a starting point.



  I wanted to send a card to a friend and out of my giant box of cards there wasn't one with the right feel and sentiment so I set to work.  I've always like the Sahara Sand, Calypso Coral and Whisper White combo and I thought it would work well for a thinking of you card.

  The base is heavyweight Whisper White, another smaller layer of Whisper White is next.  Then a layer of Sahara Sand.  I cut out the large roses from the Rose Garden thinlets.  I trimmed the leaves and then adhered them to the top and bottom of the panel.  The fine-tip glue pen works really well for this die cut.  After the adhesive was dry I trimmed off the overhanging edges of the roses.

  I used the sentiment from Sheltering Tree stamp set and embossed it in white. For the ribbon treatment I punched 2 small holes on either side of the sentiment and then threaded the Calypso Coral ribbon through and adhered it to the back of the panel.  I used a bit more ribbon to tie a fork bow (tutorial here) and attached it with a glue dot.  

  Hopefully this card will make my friend smile.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Sheltering Tree

Ink: Versamark

Paper: Whisper White, Sahara Sand

Accessories: Rose Garden Thinlets, white embossing powder, Calypso Coral ribbon (retired- SAB)



3 comments:

  1. I think this is just beautiful! LOVE your take on the sketch Amanda!
    So glad you joined us at CTS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The roses and the tan background ares stunning! Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!