Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Inspired Fall Leaves - Stampin' Up! Vintage Leaves

  So is your household in a candy coma like mine is?  Well my boys were slow moving this morning at least.  According to Alex the 8 year old, it was the "most successful Halloween yet".  A half a pillowcase full of candy is definitely successful by anyone's standards!  The costumes were decided upon the night before and thankfully were really easy to put together.



 Now onto the card for today!  I needed a thank you card for my brother in law and sister in law who hosted a birthday brunch for my mother in law last weekend.  They put on a huge spread for the family to celebrate her birthday and we ate and ate and ate so I couldn't let the occasion go by without a proper thank you card.  

  I got my inspiration from this duvet cover I saw in the Company Store catalog.  I made a bit of homemade DSP for the main element and then all the rest of the card parts came together.



  The card base is Tip Top Taupe and the leaves from Vintage Leaves are stamped in Tip Top Taupe, Dapper Denim, and Island Indigo.

  I wrapped a bit of retired Crumb Cake stitched satin ribbon that is a very close match to the Tip Top Taupe.

  I stamped off Tip Top Taupe once and then stamped the leaf again and embossed the thank you in Copper over the top of it.  After embossing I punched out a circle and popped it up to the side of the 
ribbon.



  The leaves are finally changing around me and it seems that it happened just over the weekend. Hopefully we'll get some sunshine this week to really enjoy the bright colors!  And maybe stamp a few more fall inspired cards!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Vintage Leaves, One Big Meaning

Ink: Tip Top Taupe, Dapper Denim, Island Indigo

Paper: Tip Top Taupe, Whisper White, Dapper Denim

Accessories: circle punch, copper embossing powder, Crumb Cake stitched satin ribbon (retired), dimensionals, corner rounder




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Amanda! Goodness, girl - those boys are SO handsome, and have grown up way to fast! Their costumes are adorable!!! Great job, boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when kids you their imaginations to create their own costumes! Those where great! I also like your card and the colors you used too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!