Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Swirly Birds on a Wire - Stampin' Up! Swirly Bird

  A few weekends ago I had the house to myself while the guys were out of town and I stayed home to nurse a sick pup.  While Josie was sleeping and trying to feel better I got some time in the stamp room and used some color combinations that I had seen and written down for future use.  I tend to not grab my brights as often as I should so I picked a color combo that would really stretch me.

 

  This is Emerald Envy, Tempting Turquoise and Tangerine Tango. Bright but balanced and kind of fun right?  I think these are great summer colors.

  No fancy techniques or dies here.  The card base is Emerald Envy, then a narrow strip of Tangerine Tango.  The wires and bird feet are stamped in Basic Black and the colored birds added on top.  I don't know what they are all looking at but they make me think of the bluebirds sitting waiting for a bug to make a mistake down in the grass!

  The banner is a strip of Tempting Turquoise stamped with Happy Birthday from Sunshine Sayings in black with a black baker's twine bow.  I flagged the end and then popped it up with dimensionals.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Swirly Bird, Sunshine Sayings

Ink: Basic Black, Tangerine Tango, Emerald Envy, Tempting Turquoise

Paper: Tangerine Tango, Emerald Envy, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White

Accessories: dimensionals, black baker's twine

1 comment:

  1. Great card, Amanda! I saw it on SCS! Love the beautiful birds and the colors you chose!
    Bev - Guneaux Designs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!