Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Pokemon Crazy Punch Art Birthday

 So I know that this card will seem like it's a bandwagon type of thing and I'm just getting into the game with all the Pokemon Go craziness that out there now.  But I have to say I made this card before Pokemon Go was even a thing!  My youngest son has been into Pokemon for the last 6 months or so.  He's got books, the cards, drawings etc.  His birthday was on July 11 so I thought I would make a Pokemon themed birthday card for him to go along with several Pokemon gifts.

  Lo and behold on the morning of the 11th after I came back from my very early walk before Alex was even awake I heard all this talk on the radio about this new app called Pokemon Go and how it was gaining in popularity each day.  So of course I downloaded it and figured it would be something fun to do in addition to the other birthday celebrations we had planned.  And we've had fun playing it and seeing how our local park is swarmed with people every evening playing.  But this card was made BEFORE all the madness!  :)


  I used the new Layering Circles framelits and a small circle punch to create this pokeball.  It's popped up with dimensionals.  The sentiment is from Party with Cake which I was excited to see carried over from the Occasions catalog.

  Since this card was made BEFORE I knew many of the names of the pokemon I made the only one I knew then... Pikachu!


  The ears are made using the Festive Flower punch.  Head is an oval punch.  Eyes and cheek spots are from the Owl Builder punch.  And the nose if from the new Fox Builder punch.  I hand drew the mouth and that's why it's a little crooked!

  I used another sentiment from Party with Cake and colored in the letters with my Real Red and Crushed Curry markers.

  Not a very hard card to make but it got a big smile from the new 8 year old and even the compliment that Pikachu looked good!  High praise I tell ya!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Party with Cake

Ink: Basic Black  Markers: Real Red, Crushed Curry

Paper: Crushed Curry, Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White

Accessories: Layering Circles framelits, circle punch, Festive Flower punch, Owl builder punch, Fox builder punch


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!