Friday, August 5, 2016

How Many Days Until Christmas? - Fab Friday 93 - Stampin' Up! Oh, What Fun

I missed the last Fab Friday challenge so I am really happy to be back in the swing of things this time around!  We've got a fun sketch challenge for you.


  What's a Stampin' Up! demonstrator to do when she places her Holiday catalog preorder and then has to try to focus on creating a card for the Fab Friday challenge?  Naturally I headed right to my Christmas stamp sets because I had Christmas on the brain!  141 more days to get enough Christmas cards made for my very extensive list!  Generally I'm not a fan of holidays being thrust upon us months early (can we gag over back to school stuff on 4th of July or Halloween when we're sweating to death in August?) but Christmas does require some planning ahead so we can all make an exception here!


  I only had 2 Christmas sets carry over so my choices were limited but never fear as my preorder arrived last night so there will be lots new stamps to create with.  For this card I combined Oh, What Fun and Holly Jolly Greetings.

  I stamped the 2 little sprinkles stamps in Marina Mist and Pool Party and then embossed the snowflake in silver over the top.

  A scrap of the retired Adventure Bound DSP went on the left side along with a Cherry Cobbler baker's twine bow.

  The sentiment is stamped in Smoky Slate and a narrow flag in Cherry Cobbler backs the panel.  A small strip of Serene Scenery DSP is right underneath.

  To balance the snowflake I added a small grouping of bling; a large silver sequin topped with a Cherry Cobbler retired candy dot (I haven't gotten the enamel shapes in all the color collections yet), a small silver sequin topped with a rhinestone and then a silver enamel circle.  I stamped one of the  little hanging stars in Marina Mist and the other is embossed in silver.

  Check out the rest of the Fab Friday design team samples and then hop to making your own card!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Oh, What Fun, Holly Jolly Christmas

Ink: Pool Party, Marina Mist, Smoky Slate, Versamark

Paper: Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Serene Scenery DSP, Adventure Bound DSP (retired)

Accessories: sequins, candy dots, rhinestones, silver embossing powder, Cherry Cobbler baker's twine, dimensionals

  


2 comments:

  1. This made me smile this morning! Love the two little stars. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your clean design is absolutely stunning! I love the color scheme and the fantastic layering. Perfectly created! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!