Wednesday, August 10, 2016

His & Hers 13th Anniversary Cards - Stampin' Up! Seaside Shore & Foxy Friends

  Back in the beginning of July my husband and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary.  We tend to be pretty low key when marking the occasion but there are always cards of course!

  I had just gotten a few more items from the annual catalog and I wanted to try them out.  The Seaside Shore is a great set with of course fish but the other images in the set give you a lot options to create fun underwater scenes.



  The card base is Very Vanilla and I used Dapper Denim as a mat for a piece of By the Shore DSP.  I used just the anchor image and embossed it in the new copper embossing powder.  I cut it and a larger layer in Dapper Denim with the Layering Circles framelits.

  The sentiment is from Sunshine Sayings and I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to line it up and stamped it in Dapper Denim ink.  Have I said how much I like this new In Color??

  The last detail is some cotton twine that I tied into a sailors knot to keep with the theme of the card.  The main panel as well as the anchor are both popped on dimensionals.


  And now to for the card my husband made me!  He's so cute; he asks if he can use the stamp room and he heads in there and always comes up with a super cute card!  He had fun with Foxy Friends this year and even used the retired Color Coach to pick his colors.  And he knows how to clean the stamps and puts them back where they belong...I can't even tell what he's used when I go back it so the card is always a surprise!  It's the little things right?

DH's Anniversary Card to me

  What a good stamper huh?  He must have had a good teacher!  

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

My Card-
Stamps: Seaside Shore, Sunshine Sayings

Paper: Very Vanilla, Dapper Denim, By the Shore DSP

Ink: Dapper Denim, Versamark

Accessories: Layering Circles framelits, cotton twine, copper embossing powder, dimensionals

My husband's card-
Stamps: Foxy Friends, Thoughtful Banners

Ink: Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Early Espresso

Paper: Real Red, Very Vanilla




  

1 comment:

  1. Your husband did a GREAT job on his card, I'm impressed with his stamping abilities :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!