Thursday, August 11, 2016

All Occasion Jar of Flowers - Stampin' Up! Jar of Love

One of the reasons why I think the Jar of Love stamp set has been so popular is that you can make so many different kinds of cards with it.  The different sizes of jars as well as the variety of flowers and all the accents makes it easy to make a card for any occasion.

  I needed to have a few blank cards on hand to be able to pop in the mail quickly so I grabbed the Jar of Love set and started stamping.


  The card base is Soft Sky and then a narrow strip of A Little Foxy DSP in nice soft Smoky Slate.

  I stamped the water stamp in Soft Sky on Whisper White and then added the greenery stems in Pear Pizzazz.  The jar is stamped in Basic Gray onto vellum for that transparent glass jar look.  The lid was also stamped in Basic Gray.  The flowers are Flirty Flamingo with Watermelon Wonder centers.  I cut all the shapes  with the coordinating Everyday Jars framelits.

  The jar is adhered over the water and stems by just a small bit of adhesive where the flowers and lid overlap it so you can't see it through the vellum.  The flower are popped up on dimensionals.

  I'll add a sentiment when I need to mail the card so I can use it for anything!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Jar of Love

Ink: Soft Sky, Pear Pizzazz, Basic Gray, Flirty Flamingo, Watermelon Wonder

Paper: Soft Sky, Whisper White, A Little Foxy DSP, vellum

Accessories: Everyday Jars framelits, dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful "all occasion" card, Amanda. I love the idea of having on hand a number of blank cards, that you can add a sentiment to, if you wish. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card makes me happy :) I have a question about using the Smoky Slate on the vellum. I used SU brand and a store brand for the jar stamp and as it dried the ink bled into the vellum making the image blurred on both. Did you do anything special to maintain the image?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!