Thursday, October 4, 2012

Woodgrain Leaves

 I've been hard at work (if you can call stamping work!) designing some cards for my upcoming stamp-a-stack.  I only need 3 designs and I have 3 made but I'm not sure if they are all keepers or not!  I guess I'll just have to keep slaving away in my stamp room....hard life huh?  But for now I'll share one of the cards my stamping ladies made last week at stamp club.

  We used a lot of new products on this card and I think they had fun with them.


 The base is Early Espresso with a layer of the new Early Espresso Core'dinations cardstock layered on top.  We used the new Woodgrain embossing folder on the Core'dinations cardstock.  Quick tip: if your embossing folder seem to be embossing too deep and your cardstock is tearing in places try using your multipurpose platform with no tabs.  Next the sanding block was used to bring out the cool look of the lighter core of the cardstock.  Doesn't it look like an old weathered board?

  A strip of the Orchard Harvest DSP was adhered across the card to bring in some fall color.  Next, using More Mustard and Cajun Craze cardstock the leaves were die cut using the new Autumn Accents Bigz die.  And the trick to stamping the matching Wonderfall stamp set images onto the leaves is 1) die cut first  2) ink up your stamp leaving it face up 3) lay the die cut on top of the inked stamp matching up the stems and leaf edges 4) cover with scrap paper and use a bone folder to burnish the scrap paper which transfers the ink to the cardstock die cut.  Done!  This method is MUCH easier than trying to stamp the die cut in the traditional manner.  The leaves were adhered with dimensionals.

  The final touches are the banner stamped from the Itty Bitty Banners set and hand cut (or you could use the matching framelits but I had to leave something in the catalog to buy later on and this still hasn't made it to the top of the list!).  And a small wooden button tied with baker's twine finishes this one off.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Wonderfall, Itty Bitty Banners

Ink: More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso

Paper: Early Espresso, Early Espresso Core'dinations, More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla, Orchard Harvest DSP

Accessories: Woodgrain e.f., Autumn Accents die, baker's twine, wood button, dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. Like this one a lot!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the woodgrain! So cool. Thanks for sharing how you did this! I have to get my stamps out!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!