Friday, October 26, 2012

Snow, Snow, Snow!

  It's a good day for a number of reasons one of which is that it's a new challenge at Fab Friday!  Yay!  How are you guys liking these awesome challenges from Mindy?  I've been having a ton of fun and we'd love to see what you come up with for this challenge.  So head over to Fab Friday to see all the inspiration from the other team members and then get to stamping!

  This time around is a sketch challenge:


  This is such a fun and versatile sketch that I actually had a hard time narrowing down what I wanted to do!  That and the fact that my stamp room looked like a disaster area after having so many supplies pulled out to prepare for and host a stamp-a-stack for 18 people this week!  Yikes!  I had to really shovel off the desk before I got down to work.  Once I had my idea (and found all the supplies) it came together pretty quickly.  What do you think?

  I've hardly used any of the sheets from the Festival of Prints paper stack so I picked one and used it for my banner.  Most of the patterns can be used for more than just Christmas cards too which is nice for all those scraps I know I'll have left!

  The base is Baja Breeze with snowflakes from the Snowflake Soiree set stamped in Baja Breeze in 2 corners and then "Merry" stamped over the snowflakes in Early Espresso ink.  I rounded the 2 bottom corners with the corner rounder punch.

  The snowflakes were made with the Silver and Champagne glimmer paper and the Snow Flurry Bigz die.  I layered the 2 snowflakes and adhered them together with a glue dot.  To dress them up a bit I made a quick fork bow with 3/8" Whisper White taffeta ribbon and also adhered it with a glue dot.  The snowflakes are attached to the card with a dimensional (of course!).

  This would be a great card to reproduce using different colors and patterns from the Festival of Prints paper stack.  You could get so many different looks to the same design.

  Now that you've seen my card for the Fab Friday challenge it's your turn!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Snowflake Soiree

Ink: Baja Breeze, Early Espresso

Paper: Baja Breeze, Festival of Prints paper stack, Silver and Champagne Glimmer paper

Accessories: corner rounder, Snow Flurry die, taffeta ribbon

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Amanda, this is the most elegant holiday card ever. Beautifully done, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card, Amanda! I love that you combined the champagne and silver glimmer paper on the same card. Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!