Thursday, October 11, 2012

Boo! to You!

  Here's a quick card that I made last week with a friend who wanted to learn more about Stampin' Up!  I was inspired by several different cards that I saw in the Splitcoaststampers gallery.


  Isn't this one fun?  We used a black card base with a layer of Howlstooth & Scarringbone DSP on top.  We cut a "B" with Typeset Alphabet dies.

  The images are stamped with Stazon onto Very Vanilla cardstock and then punched with the 1 1/4" circle punch.  We layered a 1 3/8" Basic Black punched circle behind the images to make our "O's".  Of course you can't leave off the googlie eyes!  They are so easy since they already have the adhesive on them you don't need to mess with glue or anything!

  We hand cut the exclamation point with paper snips and used a Glimmer Brad to bring in some sparkle.

  I guess since I've made a few Halloween projects we should nail down what the boys want to be for Halloween.  Alex keeps flip flopping between a few different ideas and Ryan wants to be a race car....not a race car driver but a race car....that sounds like a lot of work for mommy and daddy huh?  =)  I see another cardboard box costume in our future like the Train Costume made from Stampin' Up boxes several years ago.  Aren't they cute?

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Googly Ghouls

Ink: Stazon black

Paper: Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Howlstooth & Scarringbone DSP

Accessories: Typeset Alpha dies, circle punches, googlie eyes, Glimmer Brad

2 comments:

  1. This is a cool way to use DSP! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I just made a bunch of Halloween cards today. Now I need to go CASE this one! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!